Updated: Jan 5, 2021
First things first, deciding to start exercising and being more active is an incredible first step.
Sometimes it can be a bit challenging at the beginning, especially if you're not clear about what you're doing or don't know where to start. It's normal for beginners to feel that way, and that is why we will share with you "12 Fitness Tips For Beginners".
It may take some time to adjust to your new workout routine, but do not get overwhelmed, these following 12 fitness tips will help you set yourself up for success.
Just remember that we were all once beginners too.
1. Be clear and realistic about your goals
If you're new to working out you need to be clear as to why you're adding fitness into your life now. Why are you making a healthier lifestyle change? What will make things different for you when adding fitness to your life on a regular basis? Your goals should be realistic and your mindset should be clear as to why you're starting a healthier lifestyle. Once you know why then just stay focus and go for it!
2. Pace yourself at the beginning
As a beginner, you shouldn't over-perform when you start to exercise. You need to add a couple of work out routines to your week's schedule, you can start doing three-days a week and exercise for 30 minutes each day. If you're working out at home, you need to be sure that you're doing your exercises effectively and most importantly, safely. After four weeks, you can start increasing your work out little by little. By the fourth week, you should start feeling stronger and possibly noticing some changes in your body.
3. Consistency is key
You always need to remember that it takes time to build and shape your body. It's better if you do a 30-minute moderate workout three times a week, then doing an hour of high-intensity workout 5 times a week. Consistency is key. Do not burn out your body and/or mind. Stay focus and consistent.
4. Involve yourself with people who are also into fitness Without motivation, there is pretty much nothing. In order to keep up with your work out routine and make this journey last, you need to make this a habit and a lifestyle.
Find family members and friends to help support and influence each other into doing healthier things together. It helps to have someone you may be able to work out with and share the same nutrition goals with as well!
5. Find workouts that you like To stay focus as a beginner, you must find exercises that you will actually enjoy doing.
You will see better results if you find workouts that you would like to do, so that you can enjoy your new journey and stay consistent with your routine. Start with small exercise goals at first and complete them. Over time you will see the progress.
6. You need the right gear.
You need to be comfortable in your gear when working out. You can not work out in a pair of jeans and flip flops. Not having the right shoes can have a negative impact on your body and even cause damages! You must get the right gear. Invest in the correct pair of shoes according to your workout routine and pair it with comfortable activewear of your choice!
7. Start slow to avoid injuries
Start SLOW and set realistic goals. As a beginner, you must be gentle with your body and take as many breaks in between as necessary. If you start with an unrealistic fitness workout, you will most likely get burned out or even get injured!
8. You need to know that this process takes time Not because you have been working out for three weeks straight means that you will have the six-pack you have always dreamt about. Be patient with yourself. It takes time and in order for you to see results you must continue to stay persistent and consistent.
9. Keep reminding yourself why you started fitness in the first place. Have a clear picture of where you'd like to be.
This journey is long and it can take time before you see any changes to your body. Your mind will play a big part in this journey and it may even make you lose interest. The first few weeks can be hard, so you need to stay committed. Just know that the benefits will outweigh any difficulties you may have experienced at the beginning. Continue to stay focused and remind yourself why you even started in the first place.
10. These tips are important for your body Do not skip your warm-up before starting your routine. It's important to get the body ready for injury-free movement.
Also, let's not forget that your body needs the proper fuel and it needs to stay hydrated. If you want your body to succeed you will need a good nutrition plan as well.
11. Keep it basic
Don’t over-complicate your workouts. Keep it basic. If you're a beginner, it may take you some time to master your basic workout routines. With each workout, you’ll get better and better. It's not about perfection, the goal is progress.
12. Enjoy the journey! Be grateful for where you are. Take a few moments every day to appreciate your body. Last but not least, smile and be happy!
Follow us on Instagram. :)
Know someone who would love this post too? Share it with them!
If you're new to our site, welcome!
Feel free to snoop around Our Pink World.
If you're a returning visitor, welcome back!
Go ahead and subscribe to stay updated with our newest articles.