Bryce Hall & Blake Gray Facing Criminal Charges For Throwing Large Parties.
TikTok stars Bryce Hall and Blake Gray are both facing criminal charges for throwing large parties amid the coronavirus pandemic.
The Los Angeles City Attorney accused the two of "brazenly violating the law and then posting videos about it".
Bryce Hall, 21, and Blake Gray, 19, were charged for allegedly violating the Safer L.A. Health Order and the City's Party House Ordinance by throwing house parties on Aug. 8 and Aug. 14. On Aug. 19, the City cut the power at Hall and Gray's home.
Bryce Hall and Blake Gray, who share a home in the Hollywood Hills, were each charged with one misdemeanor count of constituting a public nuisance by conducting a loud and unruly conduct gathering which threatens and interferes with public health, safety and welfare, and one misdemeanor count of violating a lawful directive during a local emergency.
Bryce Hall celebrated his 21st birthday earlier this month with a large gathering that did not follow guidelines to prevent the spread of the contagious respiratory virus, which prompted Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti to follow through with his promise that he would disconnect the utilities of anyone who hosted large gatherings.
Penalties include up to one year in jail and up to $2,000 in fines if convicted. The cases will be prosecuted by Deputy City Attorney Ethan Weaver.
Video footage and photos of the party have circulated online and showed people at the gathering without masks.
Bryce Hall, Blake Gray, and roommate Noah Beck have held multiple parties during the COVID-19 outbreak, and recently held one at a rental property in Encino.
Despite several warnings, the "house in question" had turned into a nightclub in the Hills, hosting large gatherings in flagrant violation of their public health orders, said Eric Garcetti.
"The City has now disconnected utilities at this home to stop these parties that endanger our community," Eric Garcetti said, adding that the Los Angeles Police Department issued multiple warnings prior to the disconnection.
"With more than 2,000 Angelenos and over 170,000 Americans lost to COVID-19, we need every resident to undertake critical safeguards to stop the spread of this virus. That includes not hosting or attending parties that put themselves, their neighbors, and many others at risk," Eric Garcetti said in a statement.
The Los Angeles County Department of Public Health said in a statement earlier this month that large in-person gatherings, like house parties, are the "highest-risk settings" for the spread of the virus.